If you are on the Gulf Coast of the United States, then you know it is hurricane season. This means you need to have an emergency bag to get you in and out as fast as possible when the storm comes. But the emergency bag is not limited to a hurricane, any natural disaster or problem needs an emergency bag. Here is some of the essentials you and your family will need to get through the next disaster in your life:
According to the National Safety Council and Ready.gov, every car kit should begin with some general emergency supplies.
- Spare tire, wheel wrench and jack
- Jumper cables
- Basic tool kit and/or multipurpose tool
- Local road maps (in case your GPS and phone are without power)
- Flares or reflective triangles
- Car cellphone charger
- Drinking water
- Food (nonperishables, like protein bars or dried fruit)
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Duct tape
- 3 days’ worth of medication
Now for the parents who are reading this, make sure you include some of the following:
- 3 days’ worth of clothes for your kiddo
- Baby wipes
- 3 days' worth of diapers.
- Stroller/Car seat
- A toy
Of course, an emergency kit can include whatever you and your family might need. This is not the need all be all of the kits. Just make sure that you and your family are safe. Now for bags, if you are a customer, you can utilize your MOOV bag to make into an emergency bag. With our XCheck system, you can keep your emergency bag organized, labeled, and up-to-date, that way you are not just throwing things in at the last minute.
PRO-TIP: Keep the bag near the exit door either in your entry closet, mudroom area, or in the car.
Don’t have a bag from MOOV, well check out our OG bag HERE!
Stay safe this season.
The MOOV Family